Mission & Philosophy
Our mission is to provide parents tools and information they need to raise their children to be adults they admire.
STAR Parenting Philosophy
- Encourage parents to look for and encourage seeds of success rather than focus on deficiencies
- Encourage parents to think of the long view rather than only the moment
- Help parents understand their children as individuals (accounting for age, temperament and experience) rather than see them as the same.
- Provide parents with a process they can use repeatedly rather than giving a quick fix
- Offer parents choices rather than dictating “should's”
- Invite parents to collect data about problems rather than acting on belief alone
- Help parents to make good decisions rather than giving them answers