The STAR community
The STAR Parenting community consists of people who wish to improve their child guidance or parenting skills.
- People who want to share ideas and insights with others.
- People who are willing to see children as individuals – recognizing their different temperaments, experiences and developmental stages.
- People who are willing to be responsible for their own feelings, actions, and growth.
The community has parents, teachers, doctors, care givers, counselors – all who care about children and families.
You can become a part of the STAR community
As an Explorer
You can explore the public parts of the site: [link]
- take free on-line classes
- submit questions or STAR stories
- view ideas in the current STAR brainstorming
- sign up to receive parenting tips
As a Participant
When you enroll in a STAR class (in-person or on-line) you have access to the following area for six months: [link]
- all public parts of the site.
- explore the STAR brainstorming archives
- contribute ideas to the STAR brainstorming
- participate in the STAR log (blog)
- join a guided discussion on a topic or with an expert
After 6 months you can take another class or subscribe.
As a Facilitator
When you complete the facilitator's training, you may have access to the Facilitators Corner for one year. [link]
- join in the Facilitator's Blog
- access the facilitators Q&A section
- announce your classes in the schedule