Speaking and Training
STAR Facilitator Training — Internet-based Class
This interactive class introduces the STAR Parenting process, points, tools and support information you will need in order to lead a STAR Parenting class, refine your own parenting skills, or support a parent through a challenging situation.
Each week focuses on a different topic. This training helps you identify the classic errors both parents and professionals make that reduce their guidance effectiveness.
Why take STAR Parenting facilitators' training?
STAR Parenting is flexible. It —
- adapts easily to the skill level of the parent
- works with an individual or with groups
- encourages parents to identify their values
- adjusts as children grow
- can be presented as a series or one-session overview
What will you learn?
- The STAR Parenting basics — the STAR process, points and tools.
- Key support skills — understand the impact of values, temperament, developmental task, and self care on parenting joy and effectiveness.
- Classic errors people make that reduce their guidance effectiveness and how to avoid the errors.
- Brainstorming fluency — when people generate lots of different ideas, they are more likely to find something that works for everyone.
- Tips for working with groups. Share group management tips and how to use the STAR to resolve group management issues.
Who will benefit from attending?
People who are interested in helping parents grow, especially ...
- Family life specialists and parent educators
- Childcare and family daycare providers
- Teachers and school administrators
- Counselors and therapists
- Parents who are interested in learning more
- Anyone interested in helping children
When & where is the class held?
The 10 week interactive class will meet for 2½ hours on Friday mornings (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM, PDT) June 22, 2018 through August 24. The class will originate in Seattle. Participants are welcome to attend in-person or via Internet video conferencing.
Cost: Summer 2018 class is $TBD. Early Bird registration (before May 31, 2018) is $TBD.